Rachel Reeves – 2014 Parliamentary Question to the Department for Work and Pensions

The below Parliamentary question was asked by Rachel Reeves on 2014-03-11.

To ask the Secretary of State for Work and Pensions, what estimate he has made of the cost of processing a change in a claimant’s circumstances when he or she (a) moves to live in an area where universal credit is not being piloted, (b) forms a new relationship and are re-classified as part of a couple and (c) has a child.

Esther McVey

No estimate of this has been made (In the examples quoted the changes would be processed in the same way as any other reported change of circumstances).