Stephen Timms – 2016 Parliamentary Question to the Department for Work and Pensions

The below Parliamentary question was asked by Stephen Timms on 2016-01-13.

To ask the Secretary of State for Work and Pensions, whether universal credit applicants who are housing association tenants are informed upon application of the need for a letter from their landlord in order to receive housing cost assistance; and if he will make a statement.

Priti Patel

When someone makes a claim to Universal Credit they are advised of the verification needed to receive the Housing Element of Universal Credit. This is re-iterated when the claimant is contacted to book their initial interview at the Jobcentre.