Roger Godsiff – 2016 Parliamentary Question to the Department for Communities and Local Government

The below Parliamentary question was asked by Roger Godsiff on 2016-03-24.

To ask the Secretary of State for Communities and Local Government, whether housing association tenants who part-buy their properties under shared ownership will be able to use Right To Buy to purchase either a share or all of that property.

Brandon Lewis

As is the case with the existing Right to Buy, the agreement with housing associations and the National Housing Federation to extend Right to Buy discounts to housing association tenants will not apply to those people who already own a share in their home, including those who purchased their home under shared ownership.