Nicholas Brown – 2016 Parliamentary Question to the Department for Work and Pensions

The below Parliamentary question was asked by Nicholas Brown on 2016-02-09.

To ask the Secretary of State for Work and Pensions, what steps he is taking to facilitate full statistical recording of the employment (a) rate and (b) gap for people with disabilities.

Priti Patel

The employment rates for disabled and non-disabled people are monitored quarterly, based on the Labour Force Survey which is conducted by the Office for National Statistics.

The disability employment gap can be derived by subtracting the employment rate of disabled people from the employment rate of non-disabled people.

The publicly available source used to monitor disability employment is part of the National Statistics and can be found here: