Julian Knight – 2016 Parliamentary Question to the Department for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs

The below Parliamentary question was asked by Julian Knight on 2016-06-03.

To ask the Secretary of State for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs, what government funding local litter awareness groups can apply for.

Rory Stewart

Central Government does not make any funding directly available to local litter awareness groups. It is up to local councils to determine how to use the central Government funding they receive for local services: this can include making some funding available to local volunteer groups to carry out litter-picking and raise awareness of litter as a local issue.