Jamie Reed – 2016 Parliamentary Question to the Department of Health

The below Parliamentary question was asked by Jamie Reed on 2016-07-06.

To ask the Secretary of State for Health, in how many clinical commissioning group areas specialist services are provided for people diagnosed with myalgic encephalomyelitis.

Jane Ellison

The vast majority of services for people with chronic fatigue syndrome/myalgic encephalomyelitis (CFS/ME) are the responsibility of local clinical commissioning groups. The Department does not hold information about the configuration of local services. However, we understand that there a number of clinics that specialise in the treatment of CFS/ME around the country.

The ME Association has published a list of these services, available at: