Lord Stevens of Kirkwhelpington – 2015 Parliamentary Question to the Home Office

The below Parliamentary question was asked by Lord Stevens of Kirkwhelpington on 2015-10-29.

To ask Her Majesty’s Government what measures they are considering to allow flight training organisations based in the United Kingdom to train overseas student pilots for a professional pilot’s licence.

Lord Bates

Flight training organisations can teach courses lasting up to six months to international students, under the short-term study visa route.

Alternatively, they may use the Tier 4 visa route where the course lasts longer than six months and they hold a Tier 4 sponsor licence. To qualify for a Tier 4 sponsor licence, an institution must have a track record of teaching UK or EEA students, and be teaching courses which meet Tier 4 requirements. To meet Tier 4 requirements, a course must lead to an approved qualification, as defined in the Tier 4 Guidance for Sponsors.